View Single Post
Old 12-19-2012, 03:04 PM   #27
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by VicVega View Post
So, the discussion you're starting in reality is the discussion "I know how many words per line pdfs usually have". And proving that statement right is a huge waste of time, trust me. And that's why I'm not getting into it.
I have to respectfully disagree with that. What you don't seem to understand is that PDF is not meant to jump through hoops. The purpose of PDF is simply a device independent representation of a design at its intended size including exact relative position of text and graphics. PDF as file-format can hardly be blamed for bad looks when viewed on an inapropiate output device (e.g. no color, wrong size, etc). Inapropiate meaning not by your standard, but by the designers standard. You are lucky to have features like margin-cropping or reflow of text in any PDF-viewer.
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote