View Single Post
Old 12-19-2012, 03:56 AM   #44
rgeorg
Fanatic
rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3(2x), DXG, Fire HD, KOBO Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillysJeepMan View Post
I have a KFHD. It is a beautiful media playing device... but not pocketable.

I was considering the SGP5, but it never dropped down to a price that was reasonable for a nearly 2 yr old device, so I ended up buying a new Samsung Galaxy SII Skyrocket (no contract). It was only $20 more than the SGP5 and exceeds the SGP5 in every spec except screen size... the SII is 4.5" vs the 5" on the SGP5.

I have a 32GB microSD card in it but will be upgrading to a 64GB soon.
I agree. When I looked online though, the SGII was $300-$350 which is a larger price difference. Perhaps I looked at the wrong model, or you got a great deal? Whatever, I have purchased the SGP5 and look forward to using it.

I am also thinking about the KFHD for home browsing and media playback. I played with one for a few weeks (setting it up for a friend) and it was amazing, although somewhat less useful in Europe.

You have really informative posts - I am struggling over whether I am wasting money buying both devices. I envision the SGP5 as a go-to device that I carry in my pocketbook, while the KFHF would be the home/weekend-house device for web, movies and reading in dimmer (not dark) light. Do you think (based on your devices) that there is enough of a difference to warrant the expense?

I could wait and test it out for myself, but your opinion would be appreciated. Do you read on the KFHD?

Last edited by rgeorg; 12-19-2012 at 04:00 AM.
rgeorg is offline   Reply With Quote