View Single Post
Old 12-19-2012, 12:46 AM   #34
kyteflyer
Wizard
kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone, iPad3, PRS-650, Kobo Glo,, iPad Mini and a couple of Androids
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faterson View Post
I'm certainly not complaining about Dropbox and SugarSync, although it may seem that way. They are both fantastic services, and I'm a free user, so what is there to complain of? The trouble is, that spotty user experience as free users is unlikely to inspire people to upgrade to paid plans, which should be these companies' priority.
I don't suppose you got yourself that 50GB for iOS users last year, from box.net? I did, in the hope that they would bring proper syncing to the desktop for "free" users... and they did, eventually. It was a few weeks back but I find now that I am preferring this for book storage (because there's so much more of it) but also because I can store my calibre library there as well, as you have done with Sugarsync. It *is* so much easier to do that (store the whole library online and work on it as needed from your computer, adding, editing etc) than storing individual saved out books. And... no issues of opening epubs from box.net, either I know with Sugarsync you map the calibre folder, I've just taken the shortcut and dumped it in the Box Documents folder which autosyncs.
kyteflyer is offline   Reply With Quote