View Single Post
Old 12-18-2012, 09:03 AM   #71
WT Sharpe
Grand Muckity-Muck
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, iPad Air, iPod Nano. Other devices gathering dust.
I've read and enjoyed the occasional YA book. In fact, a few years ago I searched the web to find, order, and read a crumbling copy of the 10th book in the Bomba the Jungle Boy series. As a youth, I bought the books whenever they arrived in one of our local Woolworth's 5 & 10 store. Unfortunately, they stopped selling the books after the ninth one. Since the whole point of the series was Bomba's search for his parents, whom he was to find in book ten, I spent the rest of my youth and most of my adult life never knowing what happened to them.

Bomba the Jungle Boy may have only been dime store young adult pulp fiction produced by the Stratemeyer Syndicate under the pseudonym Roy Rockwood, but it was the first series that really fired my imagination.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote