View Single Post
Old 12-18-2012, 09:27 AM   #23
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350: 3 Silver, 2 Blue!; Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellby View Post
...I guess you could wrap the whole thing (dots plus spaces) in a <span> with "white-space: pre" or something similar.

As it has been said before. Spaces or not is mainly a matter of preference, but for goodness' sake, be consistent.
That worked! What I had before was "white-space: nowrap". Changing it to "white-space: pre-wrap" kept the &nbsp; spaces identically uniform in size both in Sigil's and Calibre's viewers even when justified. And it made no change when viewing on my Sony reader, the spaces are identical there and never stretched. I think that's as good as it can get for my purposes.

I agree totally about being consistent in whatever method you choose. I've been meticulous about that throughout this old book. I can see a huge advantage to using the special ellipse character and not having to deal with the space issue; however, like I said, I wanted to keep it the way it was in the original book I scanned, which meant spaces between the dots.

The neat little tricks we learn in these forums! hehe Just a general "big thanks" to all who consistently give advice to others here.
Ripplinger is offline   Reply With Quote