Thread: Glo Kobo Firmware 2.3.1
View Single Post
Old 12-18-2012, 02:10 AM   #66
GeoffR
Wizard
GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
I don't know what is happening. I grabbed the book and put it on my Glo. I went to page 160, exited the book and reopened it. It opened to the correct page (same text in top line). I tried a few different things, including opening at the front and paging through to 160 (I was on hold tapping to the musak). That still kept the same page when I closed and reopened the book.
I did a factory reset, reloaded the book from calibre, no changes to font settings or anything, but the problem still occurs with that book. It opens at a different pages, somewhere from page 153 to page 159, but never at page 160. The only thing I can think of is that if it is related to a chapter bug then this book doesn't have numbered chapters as such, only three parts appear in the TOC.

Quote:
On a slightly related point: What's the book like?
Quite good so far. Author is a marine biologist but this book doesn't seem to draw directly on that background, so I'll be interested to read some of his other books which do.
GeoffR is offline   Reply With Quote