View Single Post
Old 12-17-2012, 09:47 PM   #69
arcadata
Grand Sorcerer
arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iPod Touch, Sony PRS-350
Delirium: The Special Edition by Lauren Oliver (HarperCollins) is $2.99

Quote:
Book Description

Amazon Best Books of the Month, February 2011.

“Ninety-five days, and then I’ll be safe. I wonder whether the procedure will hurt. I want to get it over with. It’s hard to be patient. It’s hard not to be afraid while I’m still uncured, though so far the deliria hasn’t touched me yet. Still, I worry. They say that in the old days, love drove people to madness. The deadliest of all deadly things: It kills you both when you have it and when you don’t.”

Lauren Oliver astonished readers with her stunning debut, Before I Fall. In a starred review, Publishers Weekly called it “raw, emotional, and, at times, beautiful. An end as brave as it is heartbreaking.” Her much-awaited second novel fulfills her promise as an exceptionally talented and versatile writer.
Little Black Dress with Bonus Material by Susan McBride (William Morrow Paperbacks) is $0.99

Quote:
Book Description:

For a limited time, and at a special price, discover Susan McBride’s Little Black Dress with Bonus Material. Plus, receive an excerpt from McBride’s new book The Truth About Love and Lightning, available February 12th. This special edition also includes a Little Black Dress book club kit from Little Black Dress Wines, including an at-home wine tasting kit, tasting cards, wine pairing recipes, and more information about how to have the perfect Little Black Dress Wines & book club gathering.

In Little Black Dress, two sisters whose lives seemed forever intertwined are torn apart when a magical little black dress gives each one a glimpse of an unavoidable future.

Antonia Ashton has worked hard to build a thriving career and a committed relationship, but she realizes her life has gone off track. Forced to return home to Blue Hills when her mother, Evie, suffers a massive stroke, Toni finds the old Victorian where she grew up as crammed full of secrets as it is with clutter. Now she must put her mother’s house in order—and uncover long-buried truths about Evie and her aunt, Anna, who vanished fifty years earlier on the eve of her wedding.
Before I Go To Sleep: A Novel by S. J. Watson (HarperCollins) is $2.99

Quote:
Book Description

Amazon Best Books of the Month, June 2011.

“As I sleep, my mind will erase everything I did today. I will wake up tomorrow as I did this morning. Thinking I’m still a child. Thinking I have a whole lifetime of choice ahead of me. . . .”

Memories define us. So what if you lost yours every time you went to sleep? Your name, your identity, your past, even the people you love—all forgotten overnight. And the one person you trust may be telling you only half the story.

Welcome to Christine’s life.
arcadata is offline   Reply With Quote