View Single Post
Old 12-17-2012, 04:41 PM   #21
graycyn
Guru
graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony T1, Samsung Galaxy Note, Kobo Aura HD, Nook HD+, Nexus 7 (2013)
Quote:
Originally Posted by exaltedwombat View Post
But DON'T GET COMPLICATED! If your book is going to be any use, it must work on a range of devices. For instance, the Nexus 7 is becoming very popular. A commonly-chosen eBook reader for it, Aldiko, seems to ignore quite a lot of stylesheet instructions. It's often best to simply pour in your text, surround it by <p> tags, and let the device decide how it displays.
I've been testing some of my epubs in Aldiko, and I have generally not seen a problem with my styling being ignored. I did have to enable an option to use publisher styling though, I think that was off by default if I remember right.

Aldiko, Bluefire, Mantano, Nook, Sony and Overdrive (no particular order) seemed to be the apps that did the best job of rendering my epubs as I have styled them.

Moon+, FBReader, Cool Reader, Fabrik and Kobo were not so good. The books are readable, just don't look as nice.

It's definitely a mixed bag of experiences!
graycyn is offline   Reply With Quote