View Single Post
Old 12-17-2012, 11:19 AM   #21
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
Turn WiFi OFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantosof View Post
Just got a Kindle Fire HD 7inch 16 gb.
It seems the battery runs out so fast...

I use HD battery app.
From a 100% if i turn wifi on, and close the cover (putting it to sleep), 4 hours later im at 60% - im NOT EVEN USING THE THING.

When i called Amazon, they give tips mentioned in this thread and try to prevent a return.

Whats a good test i could perform to see if something is wrong with the battery?
Turn WiFi OFF all the time unless you are syncing or charging. Some Battery Apps also use battery power unnecessarily. It may pay to uninstall the battery app you now have and instead install GSam Battery Monitor.

Leave WiFi ON when charging and you will see GSam indicate when you hit 100%. Many folks only charge to 80% and then get less time for use.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote