View Single Post
Old 12-17-2012, 08:03 AM   #18
QuantumIguana
Philosopher
QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2 gen, Kindle Fire 1st Gen, Kindle Touch
I don't have a problem with "Beat", it communicated just fine with me. It could have said "He paused for a moment," but "Beat" works. I don't think I would use it, but I understood it, and I didn't find it jarring. There is missing punctuation in the dialog though, I think it should be:

"... I’ll let Glenda know what’s going on too, so she can head Jim off at the pass.” Beat. “Um…I guess that’s it. I’ll be here till two, I guess, if you want to call me. See ya.”

Without the commas around "I guess", it looks like a mess.
QuantumIguana is offline   Reply With Quote