1. Which fictional character had a manion at West Egg, Long Island? Jay Gatsby - Stitchawl.
2. Which Ernest Hemingway novel was published after his death?
3. Which spy novelist once called James Bond “the ultimate prostitute”?
4. Who won a Pulitzer Prize for his novel The Caine Mutiny? Herman Wouk - Stitchawl.
5. What was the name of the Trojan lover of Helen of Troy? Paris - Latinandgreek.
6. Where does a librocubicularist read? In bed - Latinandgreek.
7. Which painter was the subject of Somerset Maugham’s book The Moon and Sixpence? Paul Gaugin - Stitchawl.
8. What was the occupation of Oscar Madison in Neil Simon’s The Odd Couple? Sports writer - Stitchawl.
9. Name the suburban housewife and mother of three who wrote The Feminine Mystique.
10. Which English author spent a few months of 1922 in the coastal town of Thirroul, south of Sydney?
And we are off to a very good start with 4 points to Stitchy and 2 to Latinandgreek.