View Single Post
Old 12-15-2012, 05:09 PM   #24
jackie_w
Wizard
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350/650/T1, PB360, Kobo Glo/AuraHD/Aura6"
Quote:
Originally Posted by boatat72 View Post
@jackie_w If you do want empty paragraphs it might be safer to add <br /><br /> to the end of the preceding paragraph, or style it
Thanks, but for my own creations I never use empty paragraphs. I use a css class with a large margin-top. The empty paragraphs I encounter are always in epubs created by others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatat72 View Post
re the 'Sony not displaying some entities'. Do you have a universal panacea or must your solutions be applied to a specific machine?
I'm not sure which Sony model you have. A universal panacea would be to embed better font(s) in each epub, which I think you can do in Sigil. However, I don't do this. The best solution for Sony PRS-505/300/600/x50 is to install the PRSPlus custom firmware which will let you store your chosen fonts and a set of css files on the Sony which can (usually) be used to override some of the body css inside each epub (font families, font-size, page margins, line-height, widows/orphans). Changing fonts whilst reading an epub then becomes as simple as selecting from a list.
On a Sony PRST1 a similar thing can be achieved by installing Morkl's modified reader app. I don't think the Sony PRS-T2 has anything equivalent, but all the T2's default fonts are much better than on the earlier Sony models. If you want to pursue any of these options feel free to PM me.

@cybmole,
That's a weird one. I have not experienced empty paragraphs springing into life from nowhere - not that I'm doubting what you say. The one's I've seen, to date, were certainly in the original epub before loading into Sigil.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote