Thread: Seriousness Light a Virtual Candle
View Single Post
Old 12-15-2012, 01:45 PM   #1372
WT Sharpe
Grand Muckity-Muck
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, iPad Air, iPod Nano, & a PC running Windows 9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by red_phoenix View Post
Lighting a virtual candle for the people of Newtown, Connecticut.
There are no words. I just don't know what to say.

In the light of this far more serious tragedy, I feel strange posting this, but I thought you all might be interested in the follow-up of what I posted earlier on a different topic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
...We have a cat that's 20 years old now and whose health has been declining for the past year, but especially rapidly in the last couple of months. Each time I wake up, the first thing I do is check to see if he's still with us. He hasn't been eating, only nibbling on anything I offer him. For 19 years, all Christian got was dry cat food. Now I offer him in addition a variety of anything from the small "gourmet" canned foods to tuna fish in order to encourage him. And the weaker he gets, the more dependent upon me he becomes. I used to scold him because when I walked in the house, the dogs were all over me, but he would always go straight to the kitchen and begin demanding to be fed before showing any affection. Now he just wants to stay in my lap all the time. He's lost so much weight that petting him is like petting a skeleton. Poor old guy. They really can get under your skin, despite your best intentions....
Two nights ago, I saw Christian get up off the bed and into a clothes basket. That's where I found him yesterday morning. He was a good cat. Here's a Christmas picture of him and his best friend Cain, whom he out-lived by several years.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	0CainAndChristianPOST.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	31.0 KB
ID:	97727  

Last edited by WT Sharpe; 12-15-2012 at 02:01 PM.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote