View Single Post
Old 12-14-2012, 10:21 PM   #24
mgmueller
Wizard
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 26 Readers, 44 Tablets
My problem is somewhat similar:
I've bought Kindle Fire HD 7" in Germany and Kindle Fire HD 8.9" in the US.
The German one, being available globally, freely can be set to whatever country I want. I just have to change the country setting in my Amazon account.
The US one only can be set to the US, whatever country I choose in the Amazon settings.
Simple explanation from Amazon: Kindle Fire HD 8.9" isn't available regularly in Germany, so some features won't work here.
To have both Fires in sync, I've set both to the US account.

But: I switch to the respective accounts via country settings in the Amazon account, not by changing the language on the Kindle itself. I couldn't switch to German on the US only Fire HD 8.9" anyway...

For my Kindle Paperwhite, bought in Germany, I freely can switch back and forth between the US and Germany.
But: In my Amazon account, I've got the respective billing addresses for the US and Germany.
mgmueller is offline   Reply With Quote