View Single Post
Old 12-14-2012, 06:15 PM   #9
Jade Aislin
Zealot
Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Acer Iconia 500w Tablet, PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by GRiker View Post
I've submitted a patch for inclusion in the next release. It enables using a custom column as the source for Genres, in addition to the default 'Tags' source. Eligible custom column types are:
  • Comma separated text, like tags, shown in the tag browser
  • Text, but with a fixed set of permitted values
  • Text, column shown in the tag browser

I've done moderate testing with each of these custom column types.

The 'Catalog options' section of the catalog sticky has a preview of the updated UI.

G
This looks great. I'm glad that we can choose different columns as the source for Genres. Unfortunately, it doesn't do much for me because I want to use multiple custom columns for my Genres in the catalog. So I am still forced to compile those columns (from 2 - 3) into one column.

- Jade Aislin
Jade Aislin is offline   Reply With Quote