View Single Post
Old 12-14-2012, 03:32 PM   #38
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-300, PRS-T1
Ok, I can see that you have issues with your punctuation. Resolving that is not always easy btw, since for some cases it is not a case of one s&r string fits all. I actually don't have these issues, since the HTML Export macro is actually my last step in Word. Before this I run several other macros. One prefix macro to solve a lot of standard issues with ABBYY exports. It fixes linebreaks and so on. Then I run a large S&R macro to fix a lot of formatting and OCR issues which can be changed rather dynamically. Then a macro to fix broken dialogues and at last one to check all accented words (typical OCR errors).
So, for me most of the errors you describe are solved. I haven't shared these macro's, since I am only co-author of these or just plain advisor.

Now, your issue with italics are a little different. Your first issue is solved by importing the HTML into Sigil. The second and third one are quite complex, there can be cases when this is correct. Also I feel that this actually should not be in this macro. This macro is to create clean HTML, not to solve formatting issues.

That being said, a macro could be written to solve these kind of issues. Whether I would have the time, that is another.
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote