12-13-2012, 10:48 PM
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: The Kingdom of Nye, Nevada
Device: Sony Reader PRS505 & PRS600, iPad, Pandigital Novel, iPad 2
The Home Baking Guide to Substituting and Measuring (In the Pantry Baking Standards) [Kindle Edition] Joyce Middleton (Author)
#1 Best Seller in Baking
#1 Best Seller in Reference
Listed as New Hot Releases and Top Rated
You're ready to bake and suddenly you can't find one of the ingredients in your pantry that is specified in the recipe. Don't give up - use this short guide to locate a substitution and you'll avoid having to run to the market. If you're using a recipe written with foreign measurements, you'll be able to convert them in minutes. Best-Selling Author Joyce Middleton brings you this handy guide on converting standard measurements such as tablespoons to ounces, cups to pints, ounces to a pound, cups to liters and what ingredient you can safely substitute in baking.
Here's a sampling of what you'll find in this book:
- How do I convert ounces to grams?
- How do I convert pints to liters?
- What can I use when I don't have dry bread or crumbs?
- How do I convert cake flour to all-purpose flour?
- How much garlic powder can I use when I don't have garlic cloves?
- I don't have a vanilla bean; how much vanilla extract should I use?
- What can I substitute the butter with in my recipe?
- Do I need to worry about high-altitude when baking pies?
- Can I use eggs straight from the refrigerator?
- Safely shredding chocolate
- What is creaming?
- What is the melting method?
- Why are my biscuits so crispy?
- Why do my muffins have a sloping top?
- Why don't my popovers ever turn out the same?
Scroll back up and click the buy button to get your copy now!