Thread: Footnotes
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2012, 08:39 PM   #10
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2, iPad, KindleFire and NookColor
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
I'm not a pro by any means. I'm just a reader/hacker who truly believes that hyperlinks are the best solution for things like this (right now). By all means... if you're making an ebook for personal use, do what you like. But if you're making an ebook you want me to read (or pay money for)... don't go wedging a bunch of ancillary material into the normal reading flow.
I loves me dem linked footnotes! Ah LOVES 'em!

Seriously, though--as an avid and voracious reader of all types of material, I truly love the linked footnote. As a bookmaker, I don't love making them--but as a reader/researcher, I'm very fond of them indeed in academic/non-fiction material.

So, I'm with Diap.

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote