View Single Post
Old 12-13-2012, 03:59 PM   #12
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
This command gives me a Horizontal Slider where I can turn the light brightness Up or Down. I don't know if it turns it off completely.
Just tried it, and I confirm that it shows a horizontal version of the "light intensity" bar. Seems like it's pretty much the same as the "normal" one, except that it's horizontal and not as fancy. It won't allow you to turn the light off completely.

To really control it (including turning it off), use the commands that geekmaster posted in the other thread:

Code:
echo -n LEVEL > /sys/devices/system/fl_tps6116x/fl_tps6116x0/fl_intensity
where LEVEL is an integer between 0 and 254 (or 255?), and 0 means "light off". You have to run these commands from a command line, so install the usbnetwork package and access your device through that.

Sorry, but there is no "step-for-step tutorial" for using Linux command line tools - if you want to dive into it, you have to learn it the hard way, like everybody else here did.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote