View Single Post
Old 12-13-2012, 03:26 AM   #905
CaelThunderwing
Connoisseur
CaelThunderwing is slicker than a case of WD-40CaelThunderwing is slicker than a case of WD-40CaelThunderwing is slicker than a case of WD-40CaelThunderwing is slicker than a case of WD-40CaelThunderwing is slicker than a case of WD-40CaelThunderwing is slicker than a case of WD-40CaelThunderwing is slicker than a case of WD-40CaelThunderwing is slicker than a case of WD-40CaelThunderwing is slicker than a case of WD-40CaelThunderwing is slicker than a case of WD-40CaelThunderwing is slicker than a case of WD-40

Device: K3(Wifi+3G) K4NT(Wifi Only WSO)
i went on a limb ... that everything was poof, Gone. the enitre mmc/sd being blank, and running off at a low level operation. then out of Pure excuse my french Shits and giggles, (yes this time i charged on my wall outlet for a full 24hrs,)3 times it was failing very early on. (sometimes it got past the first stage of writing in k3flasher)

i did reading up on the device name it was showing up as on my windows 7 pc, "SE Blank ringo" that it's in a recovery mode and in this post here someone said it was resetting every 90 seconds, and i belive it wa syou hal, that said it sounded like it was timing out on something.

it dawne din my head. "the partition table is either blank or fowled up and theres just no space left when it hits a certain stage."

i flashed Directly (against one of your better judgemnts in that post for the 3.3 bootloader) in this order 3.3 Bootloader-> Kernel->rootfs. the rootfs just failed as i speak but it lasted awhile instead of almost instantly.

(derp on laptop and i didnt have teh site added to noscript's whitelist, ) heres the pastebin of the progress it made Before failing on rootfs flash

http://pastebin.com/1m7XEBax

ok something diff now, on this linux laptop in usb mode, i get upon now lsusb

"Bus 003 Device 004: ID 1949:0004 Lab126 Amazon Kindle 3" and NOT a SE Blank Ringo"

Bus 001 Device 065: ID 15a2:0030 Freescale Semiconductor, Inc. durring flashing

got as far as of 4:05am est to I: writing 0x00200000 (=2097152) bytes to address 0x037c1000, waiting for completion... before it droped off but if i held in for 30 seconds it will show up as "Lab126 Amazon Kindle 3" till i press a Button.

this is far more life it has now than when i ended up bricking it. going to ket it charge again.

last edit before bed i again for curosity sake did a lsusb while the K4NT i have atm now is connected, it classifies as another K3 O-o

Last edited by CaelThunderwing; 12-13-2012 at 04:12 AM.
CaelThunderwing is offline   Reply With Quote