View Single Post
Old 12-12-2012, 08:56 PM   #22
jswinden
Astrophotographer
jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 2, iPhone 5, Nexus 7.2
5 Hour Battery Test

I left the iPod touch 5th generation on for 5 full hours by setting the Auto-Lock option to Never. During the entire 5 hour time the WiFi was left ON and the screen brightness level was set to approximately 1/3.

Activities:
Mostly I read via the Kindle app. I also was in and out of a few other apps. I spent about 20 minutes watching streaming TV via the Time warner Cable app. I spent another 20 minutes watching a movie that was previously DLed via iTunes.

Results:
Battery drained only 40% going from 100% down to 60%.

Thoughts:
I'm extremely pleased with the battery discharge time. I own or previously owned the 1st, 3rd, and 4th generation iPod touches. None of these earlier models held a charge very long, and the 4th generation was really bad about discharging in around 3 hours. The 5th generation has obviously been greatly improved and I estimate it will keep a charge all day (10-12 hours) based on my first 5 hour test.
jswinden is offline   Reply With Quote