I got the Arc about 2 weeks ago. I'm very pleased with it. I and a coworker with a Nexus 7 have swapped tablets a couple of times now. They're similar in capability, but I'm starting to appreciate the Arc's details. Specifically:
- raised bezel - it's more comfortable to hold when reading. Also protects the screen from chocolate fingerprints when certain family members are snacking and reading.
- the Arc's screen is easier to read in bright light than the Nexus
- the battery life is good
- was uninterested in the Tapestries - but wife loves 'em.
- neutral about the Discovery bar, wife likes it. It's not bothersome or obtrusive, and does have interesting stuff (not just books) sometimes.
- it's a bit snappier than the Nexus for watching HD movies
Wish list (which would probably raise the cost, so I see why they may have been omitted):
- Slot for SD card
- GPS (for maps)
No real complaints at this time.
The ability to use the Play store, to side load content, and read various formats was a big advantage to me over the Kindle or Nook. In fact, I wouldn't buy either of those, because they are too restrictive (i.e. annoying).
Tempted to get a second - it's quite popular in our household.