View Single Post
Old 12-12-2012, 06:44 AM   #88
HansTWN
Wizard
HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP Touchpad, Sony Duo 13, Lumia 920, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathanael View Post
I admit to having hardly touched Win8. I've seen non-interactive demos, and there are certain features I, as an iPad owner, find intriguing. I'd love to be able to view two apps side by side on my iPad -- even a four-finger swipe to hop back and forth can be inconvenient -- and I'd like to see something like live tiles (aka Android's widgets) on the iPad. I run a number of apps that don't need to take the whole screen. Who needs a 10" alarm clock at night, for example?

It's mostly the aesthetics that turn me away. All those 16-color flat rectangles look like a throwback to Win3 days. And, as others here, I sit a good two arms-lengths away from 27" monitor, making a touch interface on my desktop just a little impractical.

In any case, I've already got both a tablet and a laptop (running Kubuntu); there's just no room between those to squeeze in a Surface, even edge-first.
It really works just as well as a mouse interface, that is what most people don't understand since it has been misreported in various places.

Scrolling mouse wheel shifts the tiles left and right. Mouse pointer to the top right corner brings up the charms bar, top left brings up the pictures of currently running programs. It is all well thought out, quick and easy.
HansTWN is offline   Reply With Quote