View Single Post
Old 12-11-2012, 09:58 PM   #1
Greg_E
Zealot
Greg_E can extract oil from cheeseGreg_E can extract oil from cheeseGreg_E can extract oil from cheeseGreg_E can extract oil from cheeseGreg_E can extract oil from cheeseGreg_E can extract oil from cheeseGreg_E can extract oil from cheeseGreg_E can extract oil from cheeseGreg_E can extract oil from cheese

Device: Acer Iconia a500, XP tablet PC
Windows 8 epub3 reader?

Looking for an epub3 reader that works in the new UI (formerly Metro) for windows 8. I have a new to me Acer w500 that I upgraded to Win8 Pro ($40) and now I want to find a reader for epub3 so I can experiment with creating this "new" form of interactive publication. I also want it for reading epub and maybe mobi books that I have on my Android tablet.

Why I don't want a desktop application - Because they don't respond to touch the same way that the apps for the new UI respond. I bought the w500 for the specific purpose of getting to grips with win8 since I decided I would never be happy learning the ins and outs without having touch support (tried it on a regular desktop computer). For what it is worth, I'm coming to grips pretty well now that I have touch and I really do like the speed over the stock win7 this tablet came with.
Greg_E is offline   Reply With Quote