View Single Post
Old 12-11-2012, 10:02 PM   #11
Synamon
Lunatic
Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite and Keyboard, Kobo Aura, iPad mini, iPod Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by sun surfer View Post
She's probably already read Tey....I think she only reads newer stuff now because she's already gone through so much of the old. I know she's gone through Agatha Christie since if you ask her her favourite authors that's always one of them (though her current crime tastes seem to be much stronger than Christie). But if it's free, I might add Tey.
I'd read the old stuff and missed Tey, so maybe she did too.

You could stick the first couple Agatha Christie books on there since they are public domain, in case she's tempted to re-visit an old friend. I quite enjoyed re-reading the first Poirot (The Mysterious Affair at Styles), I'd forgotten how funny the tongue-in-cheek comments at Watson's expense were.

Not many mysteries are PD, but you could throw in The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes and a couple of Wilkie Collins (The Woman in White, Moonstone) for filler.
Synamon is offline   Reply With Quote