View Single Post
Old 12-11-2012, 09:15 PM   #1
dieterpops
Addict
dieterpops can read with one handdieterpops can read with one handdieterpops can read with one handdieterpops can read with one handdieterpops can read with one handdieterpops can read with one handdieterpops can read with one handdieterpops can read with one handdieterpops can read with one handdieterpops can read with one handdieterpops can read with one hand

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Hmm...my experience with Kobo

Having come from years using other readers (Amazon, BN, Sony), I recently purchased a Kobo Glo. I'm pretty well versed in readers, but had no idea that Kobo uses different rendering techniques. Kepub v. epub. From a marketing sense, I get it, provide more benefits from your proprietary engine. I know too that B&N uses a different Adobe DRM scheme. But ALL the other readers don't treat their files differently when rendered; there may be more content behind a file (X-Ray, for example), but they all are rendered the same.

I like the form factor of the device, but...

Any others have some advice? I already know about the save as *.kepub.epub, but that doesn't help with the news generated by Calibre. Unless there are some Calibre secrets, I think I may have to pass on this one. Seems a shame as the form factor is quite nice.
dieterpops is offline   Reply With Quote