View Single Post
Old 12-11-2012, 10:40 AM   #76
4691mls
Wizard
4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ALL DEVICES ARE STOCK: Kobo Clara, Tolino Shine 2, Sony PRS-T3, T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by glendalekid View Post
With the "new and improved" Overdrive design, it has become more complicated to check out books.

First you click on "borrow". This gives you a pop-up that tells you the book is now on your bookshelf. Close that. Click on the "go to bookshelf" link.

The book you just checked out will be in the upper left-hand corner. Next to the cover photo there maybe a green link - it will say Kindle or Read. Under that is a drop-down, click on that. This is where you can choose epub, PDF, etc. If there is no Kindle or Read option, there will just be the drop-down. Choose epub, open epub, etc., then they will ask you to confirm. After confirming your choice, a "download" button will appear.
Download as you usually do.

What nincompoop designed this? Sheeesh!!!

And the stupid pop-up box asking you to confirm, covers up the selection you just made, so you can't see it to make sure you selected the right thing....

My local library gave me the Facebook address for Overdrive, which they tell me is the best way to make comments to Overdrive. I don't have a facebook account, but I'm sure many people on this site do, so here's the address in case you haven't already found it:

http://www.facebook.com/OverDriveForLibraries
4691mls is offline   Reply With Quote