Thread: Native SoundKloud
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2012, 11:39 AM   #133
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW & PW2
@twobob: Fair warning about inotify: if you intend to use it to watch something on the userstore and expect it to survive past a short time window (meaning through a usb plug/unplug and/or framework restart), prepare to be disappointed .

It's what I had to resort to for the screensavers cover mode on the legacy devices, and I had to pile up a crazy amount of ugly hacks to workaround stuff, because of a wide range of different issues, depending on the device.

* Don't watch on top of fsp, it does crazy things (meaning watch base-us, not us).
* Don't expect it to survive an USBMS switch
* Don't expect it to survive a framework restart
* Don't expect it to survive a suspend
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote