View Single Post
Old 12-11-2012, 01:15 AM   #4
AlexBell
Wizard
AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3, iPad2, Kobo Touch, Sony PRS T3, Nexus 7
For reasons lost in time I always use page-break-after, and I know it works. The Woman in White by Wilkie Collins in the MR Library has a quite idiosyncratic structure, and I've used internal page-break-after to start new pages without needing new files.

If you put a page-break-after within a single file most ePub readers that I've tried will just use one of the other (the CSS or the file ending) to make a new page and have the next file follow on immediately. Apple iBooks in their ineffable wisdom will put a blank page between the two files if you have a CSS page-break, so I suggest that you don't end an html file with a CSS page break if you want it to work in iBooks.

I don't know of any desktop ePub reader which honours pagination. Only the stand alone ePub reading devices do.
AlexBell is offline   Reply With Quote