View Single Post
Old 12-10-2012, 12:44 PM   #7
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350, Nexus S, Galaxy S, Nook Color, iPhone4, iPT4, iPad 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
Android (at least version 2.X) is that way also. I had to root mine in order to get at the locations to copy files but they don't share much better than Apple does. I think some Android apps may be designed to use each others folders perhaps but I am not aware of which ones.

Dale
That's not been my experience with Android at all. I've used Aldiko, Cool Reader and Mantano Reader and I had no issues getting any of them to look for books in a specific directory of my choosing (had all my books on /mnt/sdcard/books). No root required. The lowest Android version I've used is Froyo (2.2). Perhaps you just didn't comb through the app options more thoroughly?
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote