View Single Post
Old 12-10-2012, 11:50 AM   #14840
alansplace
Wizard
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2, Kindle KB, Kindle PW 1 & 2, Kindle Fire 2, iPad Mini
Cool Kim Harrison & L.W. Patricks

Quote:
Originally Posted by alansplace View Post
I finished Fated and enjoyed it a whole lot. I'll be adding the other Alex Verus books to my TBR.

Now on to Two Ghosts for Sister Rachael by Kim Harrison. In this short story, Rachel Morgan is only 18 years old and still recovering from the effects of Rosewood syndrome. Two Ghosts for Sister Rachael is contained in the anthology, Holidays Are Hell by Kim Harrison, Lynsay Sands, Vicki Pettersson and Marjorie M. Liu.
I finished reading Two Ghosts and liked it a lot. It told me a story about the initial introduction of a major character in the Hollows series. Interestingly it was, as you'd expect in a short story, concise, but still didn't scrimp on details and descriptions and was even divided into 8 chapters. For $0.99 it was a great buy and you get 3 more stories (potentially introducing you to 3 more authors) in the bargain.

Now on to a book I stumbled on from a post on mobilreads. This person's avatar was the cover of a book he (or she) wrote and I found it on amazon in the prime free lending library (its for sale price was only $3.99). So I'm going to give it a try.

Last edited by alansplace; 12-10-2012 at 11:53 AM. Reason: proofing
alansplace is offline   Reply With Quote