View Single Post
Old 12-10-2012, 11:18 AM   #17
jswinden
Astrophotographer
jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 2, iPhone 5, Nexus 7.2
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
Thanks, it is getting a little easier for me, but it's apparent (to me anyway) that the 'swipe' is vastly more consistent than the 'tap' for turning pages. Which is unfortunate for one-handed readers. Still... I'm keeping the device.
I tend to tap more than swipe, but I have developed a technique where I use my thumb to do the swiping. I hold the Fire in my left hand which means my thumb can only extend a little bit onto the left side of the screen, but that is enough to do a 1/2" or so swipe in either the left or right direction. In other words, a right to left swipe of about 1/2" can turn the page forward even if the swipe occurs on the far left side of the screen. A swipe is effective almost anywhere on the screen and it doesn't have to be a long swipe.
jswinden is offline   Reply With Quote