View Single Post
Old 12-10-2012, 09:29 AM   #14837
DrNefario
Wizard
DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kobo Touch, Nook SimpleTouch
I finished Lest Darkness Fall by L Sprague de Camp a couple of days ago. Something of a classic of time travel/alternate history, I understand, featuring the attempts of a modern archaeologist finding himself in sixth century Rome to avert the Dark Ages. It's quite light, and it clips along at a fair old pace. I was quite surprised to discover, at the end, that the copyright date was 1941. It doesn't feel as old as some of the other classic SF I've read this year. Heck, in my last time travel story (Blackout/All Clear by Connie Willis), 1941 is the year they go back to.

Next up I decided to get back to Honor Harrington, with the tenth book in the series, War of Honor. So far it has mainly been annoying me by having huge info dumps and not much happening. It's also apparently over 800 pages long at my current settings. I don't know if I have the patience.
DrNefario is offline   Reply With Quote