View Single Post
Old 12-10-2012, 04:16 AM   #265
HansTWN
Wizard
HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP Touchpad, Sony Duo 13, Lumia 920, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumabjorn View Post
Hun, there are lots of YouTube videos that won't play, I assumed those where the Flash videos. It's not like the URL gives you a hint.

Can you perhaps give a link or two? I want to try it out. What doesn't work for me in Flash sometimes is double click (a flash-based website sometimes ask you to use a slider to choose a video) on some websites I can use double click to access the slider, on some sites I need to use the mouse. But any old mouse seems to work. Even the ones with wireless USB dongle (Logitech Anywhere in my case).

Just entering the second week of a business trip to South East Asia using only the Surface RT with Touch keyboard and my Android phone. Generally I am really pleased except for a few issues:

1.)Can't send files in Skype -- sure this will be resolved pretty soon, but it is a pain. Skype calls do work really well, though. No file transfer for IM+ either. So we are using e-mail for sending files now.

2.)Typing is still a learning experience. Strangely enough it is not because the keys are so flat --- that doesn't seem to bother me at all --- but because the spacing seems to be slightly off and I kept hitting the wrong keys when I wasn't looking while typing. But by now I am doing quite well.

3.)Text can be quite small, especially when using split windows. But using an external monitor I could pretty much get away with just using the Surface for most everything. The only time I had to use another PC was when I forgot the password of my travel router (no ethernet port, of course -- that would happen with many laptops these days).

4.)I had forgotten to download some additional video playing apps and was stuck with an incompatible format -- my phone helped me out that time. Would have been nice to have a wide compatibility out of the box.
HansTWN is offline   Reply With Quote