View Single Post
Old 12-09-2012, 08:30 AM   #1
jhempel24
Wizard
jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite, B&N Nook Colro
Dialogue Questions

I'm getting alot of help here and other places, and really appreciate it, in my first writing venture outside of High School.

I have a question about dialogue. Someone had said it had to be a battle, not how people actually talk. And to an extent I do get that. But how do you create a battle if the tension comes from you character having to be strictly obedient and compliant? I would think the tension would be inherent, the reader waiting for them to slip up, or not wanting them to because bad things could happen.

That being said....I am taking all info I get and trying to figure out what works for me because I am brand new to this.
jhempel24 is offline   Reply With Quote