View Single Post
Old 12-09-2012, 07:01 AM   #1
alyxie
Enthusiast
alyxie considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.alyxie considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.alyxie considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.alyxie considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.alyxie considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.alyxie considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.alyxie considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.alyxie considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.alyxie considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.alyxie considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.alyxie considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.

Device: none
Angry Looking for A More Durable E-reader

My Kindle 3G just gave up the ghost after two years and I'm looking to replace it with something will last at least for 4-6 years. Some other things I would consider for buying an reader:
  1. E-ink Screen
  2. Responsiveness - how responsive is it, my Kindle can be quite unresponsive at times but bearable when it comes to indexing.
  3. Stability - does it crash? how often? I don't like the fact that my Kindle crashed at least once a month even when it was brand new.
  4. Book Organization - I hated Kindle's collections interface, I preferred organization by folders.
  5. PDF loading - nice to have but not necessary since I'm thinking of buying a tablet for this feature or just using my phone

Any recommendations?

EDIT: If anyone has a functioning e-reader above 2 years I'd definitely be interested to hear about it. I've been reading the forums for e-readers but I haven't seen anything about age of e-readers.

Last edited by alyxie; 12-09-2012 at 08:35 AM.
alyxie is offline   Reply With Quote