View Single Post
Old 12-08-2012, 09:08 AM   #13
vugtitan
Addict
vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by TechniSol View Post
Good luck with that whole "demanding" thing. You already "voted" with your wallet... or did you? No device...

Accept a little free advice. Grab Calibre if you don't already have it, and read the "A Quick Guide to Shelf Management with Calibre" sticky thread. You can set up both Series Shelves and easily implement Collections Shelves by simply editing the metadata for the myshelves field once per book in Calibre.

While I agree that having shelves based on the file structure isn't a terrible idea, it is limiting in that having a book appear on multiple shelves or multiple collections requires multiple copies of the book to be stored. Using Calibre allows you to maintain a device independent library organized as you'd like as long as the reader device supports some implementation for dealing with shelves. You can place the same book in multiple collections or shelves by separating them with a comma in that myshelves metadata field.

The file structure based method may be simpler, but it is less powerful.
I don't want to use third party tools like calibre at all if possible.

i just to use my pc and organize into folders.i want particular types of books i go to that folder.all this stuff about imaginary shelves and using more software for organizing is censored.all that extra work for nothing.all that labor for nothing.time wasted.

it is censored that what could be done simply and easily they have gone by a devious and long winded route just to keep us busy for nothing.i

i will not buy kobo until i get folder support and they can take and shove it.

i mean even my vivacity phone has folder support and a DESIGNED DEDICATED BOOK READING DEVICE does not and wants us to faff around for ages organizing 1000's of books spending days and weeks.they can take it and shove it.i won't buy it until i get what i want.

Last edited by vugtitan; 12-08-2012 at 03:45 PM.