View Single Post
Old 12-07-2012, 11:22 PM   #15
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7
First this thread is about adding or replacing a cover using the Modify ePub plugin. You have chosen to ensure no cover is in the book, is that what you intended?

Quote:
Originally Posted by innogen View Post
After I clicked "Yes", the dialog box disappeared but my ebook still had the cover on it.
What makes you think the book still has a cover? I'd make a small wager that the cover was removed from the book.

Quote:
Then it occurred to me that the ebook with the cover removed must be located in this "temporary location".
This is not correct after you said yes the book in your library should have been modified. The temp location is irrelevant after the book was modified.

Quote:
1. The dialog box mentioned [sic] a temporary location. Where the heck is this temporary location?
It doesn't matter where it is, the box was saying the plugin is ready to modify the library copy.

Quote:
2. I clicked the "Help" in the "Modify ePub" plug-in to look for more information on this "temporary location". It's no help either.
Not material to the the function of this plugin. The temp location is controlled by your OS.

Quote:
My feedback on the plug-in: It doesn't live up to its claim.
It is possible you may have run across a bug. It is also possible the book was updated and the cover removed as requested. Does the cover show in the Calibre viewer? If it does not show then the cover has been removed.

Be aware that any time you export a book via virtually any method (Save to disk, Send to device, Content server download) the metadata, including cover should be added to the book while it is being exported out of the library.

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 12-07-2012 at 11:24 PM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote