View Single Post
Old 12-07-2012, 06:28 PM   #20
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350, Nexus S, Galaxy S, Nook Color, iPhone4, iPT4, iPad 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyDisks View Post
I liked the more open nexus and have one heading my way. I think there is a place here for both my firehd and nexus.

Right now the mom is carrying a very large load, and she really does not have the time between keeping her business and the recent demise of her sister and services. And dealing with learning something new.

All recommendations are very welcome. The one thing that the mom is trying to avoid that I think will be almost impossible to avoid is learning a new system, as she already wants to drop kick her windows system into orbit sometimes. She is very not a tech person.
I have a Nexus 7, Transformer TF700T and several other Android devices which I love. However, one thing they are not is non-techie friendly. Android smartphones have gotten there but the Android tablet sphere is still new. While I may consider getting a Nexus 10 for myself, when thinking about a tablet to get my 86-year old, non-techie grandmother, it'll be an iPad.

As for learning a new system, most likely, the daughter already knows how to operate an iOS device and if she doesn't, she can quickly learn from her friend.

One thing, though, I wouldn't recommend the 1st gen iPad. The hardware is just too limited. While the processor and RAM may work fine on a phone, it just doesn't provide good performance for a tablet. I'd go iPad 2 minimum (which you should still be able to find under $300 used).

Last edited by ilovejedd; 12-07-2012 at 06:31 PM.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote