View Single Post
Old 12-07-2012, 02:23 PM   #21573
WT Sharpe
Grand Muckity-Muck
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, iPad Air, iPod Nano. Other devices gathering dust.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
That's the ferocious, man-eating, flesh-devouring aggressive beast that I think of when using the term 'Daddy Long Legs.'

If I'm not mistaken, weren't they one of the plagues of Egypt that are spoken of in the Bible?

Stitchawl
Nah. The closest thing they had to an infestation of granddaddy long leg spiders was a plague of gnats (Ex. 8:12–15), or some kind of biting bug. The Hebrew isn't clear to modern readers. I've never known anyone to be bitten by one of those spiders. They're so flimsy, clumsy, and stupid that I wonder how they manage to survive.
WT Sharpe is online now   Reply With Quote