View Single Post
Old 08-12-2008, 05:44 PM   #42
Gianfranco
computer scientist
Gianfranco once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Gianfranco once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Gianfranco once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Gianfranco once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Gianfranco once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Gianfranco once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Gianfranco once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Gianfranco once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Gianfranco once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Gianfranco once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Gianfranco once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Gen 3
I mailed Cambridge ebooks today

Hi!

My name is Gianfranco Alongi, and I am a Computer Science affectionado constantly on the hunt for good CS related books and some knowledge. I found your eBook store http://www.cambridge.org/ebookstore/ but saw
that you only sell the books in PDF format through ebooks.com!

Are you planning on releasing your books in the defacto standard
format Mobipocket? I am quite sure that there are a lot of customers waiting for more academic titles to get released in a reflowable format (and thus being readable on a portable eBook reader). Not only has the Cybook Gen 3 just hit the european market on a wide scale - finally reaching Sweden! , but I strongly believe that more and more people will get their own eBook reader, and having your titles available for _all_ your potential readers is certainly no loss.

I hope you consider this, the eBook reader community is already large and growing.

If you are not willing to give out all your ebooks in the mobipocket
format, then you could maybe sell some of the selected titles which I know that I (and many of my friends) would buy if you had them in a reflowable format (in mobipocket format that is)

Sets for Mathematics
F. William Lawvere
State University of New York, Buffalo
Robert Rosebrugh
Mount Allison University, Canada

Planning Algorithms
Steven M. LaValle
University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign

Principles of Constraint Programming
Krzysztof Apt
Centre for Mathematics and Computer Science, Amsterdam

Programming in Haskell
Graham Hutton
University of Nottingham

Kernel Methods for Pattern Analysis
John Shawe-Taylor
University of Southampton
Nello Cristianini
University of Bristol

Learning Theory
An Approximation Theory Viewpoint
Series: Cambridge Monographs on Applied and Computational Mathematics (No. 24)
Felipe Cucker
City University of Hong Kong
Ding Xuan Zhou
City University of Hong Kong

Prediction, Learning, and Games
Nicolo Cesa-Bianchi
UniversitÓ degli Studi di Milano
Gabor Lugosi
Universitat Pompeu Fabra, Barcelona

Best regards
Gianfranco Alongi

My blog - WriterT