View Single Post
Old 12-07-2012, 12:33 PM   #44
jswinden
Astrophotographer
jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 2, iPhone 5, Nexus 7.2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamnine View Post
Since I made this thread I've been using Bluefire and iBooks.

Bluefire is good - great ability to customize, but it lacks the inbuilt dictionary.

iBooks is mostly a smooth experience - the margins are too big on some books and just about right on others, I find. But what really pisses me off about iBooks is the inability to upscale photos. I've been reading Neil Young's autobiography and there are many pictures which just can't be viewed properly on the 4" screen - they are literally stamp sized.

So with that book I ended up reading it on my Nexus 7 with Aldiko.
Wow, I didn't realize that. But then I rarely use iBooks. So it won't allow you to double-tap the image to enlarge it or do the two finger enlarging gesture? That is a major oversight on Apple's part.

EDIT: I just checked a book in iBooks on the iPad and it does indeed allow me to enlarge the image. I double-tapped the image to bring it up in its own window, then used the two finger gesture to enlarge it. So it does work on the iPad, but I don't have an iPhone or iPod touch to test it on. It might have different functionality for the iPhone app.

Last edited by jswinden; 12-07-2012 at 12:39 PM.
jswinden is offline   Reply With Quote