View Single Post
Old 12-06-2012, 10:00 PM   #21
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Granny Luddite View Post
Thanks Helen/speakingtohe, it's amazing how well that works. I was able to remove "font-size" and "line-height" from "Other CSS Properties" and was able to adjust both line height and font size, and the final epub displays much nicer on the Mini.

I did check the font box in "filter style information" in the last pass into epub. Don't know if that was needed. Also, I added all the Kobo/Mini specific changes on the mobi to epub pass and not on the original epub to mobi pass. Is that the best way to do the conversion?

Thank again. I'm off to play with some of the other files that had line spacing problems.
You are welcome.

I don't think checking the font box helps in a conversion to mobi or back to epub, as mobi doesn't AFAIK support embedded fonts or numerical font sizes. font-size: 0.77419em; is usually converted to font-size: small; then converted back to font-size: 0.75em; which the Kobo seems to understand.

It seems to be nonstandard font sizes that make the Mini choke anyway.

Oh well, not the most elegant solution, but it seems to work.

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote