View Single Post
Old 08-12-2008, 02:04 PM   #15
DrMoze
Booknut
DrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with others

Device: Sony Reader 500/505/300/350
Nice heads-up. There's a NYPL on my block--got my (free) library card on the spot!

For getting "borrowed" books onto the Reader, here are the steps:

# Download the Adobe DE software (there's a link on the Sony Reader upgrade page) and install
# Start the DE software and register with Adobe DE (e-mail address, some other info, and a password) [Note: The DE app is like another version of the Sony Library]
# Connect the Reader to your pc via USB. A dialog box will open asking if you want to register the Reader with Adobe DE. Do it.
# Visit a library that offers Adobe DE books (like NYPL.org) and check out an available book. (You usually need a library account/card for this.) There will be an option to save the file or open with Adobe DE. Choose to open with DE. The book will appear on the DE bookshelf screen.
# Drag the book onto the Reader folder on the left (just like in Sony Library).

That's it! As someone above mentioned, a little clock will be on the right of the listing in the Reader menu, indicating how many days are left.

Just from a quick browse, I discovered that there is a new 'Foundation Trilogy' authored by three different writers (Greg Bear and a couple of others). I'm gonna check this out as soon as I finish up my current reading!

Last edited by DrMoze; 08-14-2008 at 01:38 PM.
DrMoze is offline   Reply With Quote