View Single Post
Old 12-06-2012, 04:23 PM   #1
Kai771
Just a Noob
Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle 3
Librerator - multi-format e-reader, fork of KPV

Librerator - multi-format e-reader, fork of KindlePDFViewer

Librerator (just like KPV) is a multi-format e-book reader. It supports multiple formats: pdf, djvu, mobi, epub, cbz, fb2, html, chm, txt, rtf, doc, xps, zip and jpg/jpeg.

Compared to the original KPV, Librerator is much more configurable and has more features (at least at this point of time). They can both be safely installed on the same Kindle, and wonít affect each other, in case you want to compare them and see what you like better.

Some of the features:
  • works on K2/K3/KDX and K4NT
  • new set of bigger icons
  • Menus - in adition to the keyboard shortcuts, everything can be accessed via menu too
  • K4NT specific shortcuts (considering itís lack of keys)
  • high configurability - almost everything can be changed/set editing defaults.lua configuration file.
  • all strings moved to a single file - allowing easy localization
  • user configurable keyboard layout, if you need to use national characters
  • added First Page Offset option - usefull when your book has first pages numbered as i, ii, iii, iv etc. and the real page 1 is actually page 17
  • added setting gamma through inputting value in a dialog
  • better support for CREReader - now it uses page view mode by default (tnx to dave2008), and hyphenation (tnx to tigran123). You can set not only document font as default (like in KPV), but also font size and line spacing.
  • remembers all user settings and opens documents exactly as you left them
  • Reflow config and following links now available for K4NT users too

New in Librerator R2 (highlights)
  • Drastically improved opening speed of crereader documents (epub/mobi/fb2) if the file has been opened at least once before.
  • Added fast navigation using fw_left/fw_right (-10/+10 pages) in crereader.
  • Home key can be set to toggle creheader in crereader instead of Info
  • Info now shows title and authors of the document in crereader.
  • Hyphenation can be turned off for crereader documents editing defaults.lua
  • A user can now use custom style sheets for crereader documents. Selection is saved per document.
  • Various bugfixes

You can see full list of changes here.

Userís Guide is available on wiki.

Instructions (for K2/KDX/K3) (tested only on K3).
  • install jailbreak
  • install launchpad (kite should also work, but I didnít test that)
  • download librerator-R2.zip attached to this post and put it on your Kindle in ďcustomupdatesĒ folder
  • press Shift-Shift-I and wait about a minute.
  • press Shift-Shift-Space
You can now start Librerator pressing Shift-L-L.

Instructions (for K4NT)
(deprecated - skip this and follow the instructions for KUAL below)

Spoiler:
Previously posted instructions that used cr3runner to start Librerator have been removed. See here why.

Disclaimer: I didnít test any of this! I only have K3! I do believe that this should work, but hey, what do I know... Iím just a noob. Use at your own risk.

Although I did the best I could to make it work, and some users reported that it works for them (IŮigo, lovexiuxiu, jsfaint, benalb...), there are also reports that it bricked their Kindle (drauger). So, just in case you missed it the first time:

USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!

Note: Kite was the only available option for K4NT at first. However, I recommend using KUAL instead now.
  • install jailbreak
  • install Kite
  • download librerator-R2.zip attached to this post and extract its contents to your Kindle's flash root
If you have trouble installing Kite on K4NT, you might find this IŮigo's post helpful.

UPDATE:
Good news for K4NT users - lovexiuxiu posted update package for installing Kite on K4NT. You can get it here.
After jailbreak, all you need to do now is download the file update_kite_0.0.1_install-k4.rar attached to that post. Unrar it, and you'll have 2 files. Put update_kite_0.0.1_install-k4.bin on the flash root of your K4NT, and then go [HOME] -> [MENU] > Settings -> [MENU] > Update Your Kindle. After your Kindle restarts, proceed with step 3 above.

I don't know if it'll work on both new and old version of K4NT, so please comment if it works for you.

If this doesn't work for you, and youíre more of a savvy user, you can try starting it using ssh, going into librerator folder on your kindle and typing
Code:
./librerator.sh /mnt/us/documents

Instructions for KUAL (should work on K2/K3/KDX and K4NT)
(Tested only on K3, and only briefly, because I prefer launchpad. Seemed to work fine, though)
  • Install KUAL.
  • download librerator-R2.zip attached to this post and extract its contents to your Kindle's flash root
  • download librerator_kual.zip attached to this post and extract its contents to your Kindle's flash root

Any comments welcome. Thank you.

Links:
  • Original KindlePDFViewer thread
  • KOReader - Evolved version of KindlePDFViewer - Supports touch devices: Kindle Touch and Kindle Paper White

librerator-R1.zip (7.94MB, 139 views)
Attached Files
File Type: zip librerator-R2.zip (8.04 MB, 5578 views)
File Type: pdf LibreratorK4NTshortcutkeys.pdf (66.4 KB, 2476 views)
File Type: zip librerator_kual.zip (991 Bytes, 2779 views)

Last edited by Kai771; 07-25-2013 at 06:15 AM.
Kai771 is offline   Reply With Quote