View Single Post
Old 08-12-2008, 12:29 PM   #1
6charlong
friendly lurker
6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, nook, Apple and Kobo
Fictionwise explains ePub delays

BooksOnBoard is the only bookstore selling current best-sellers in ePub format. I wondered why. It seemed reasonable to expect all bookstores to offer at least the same, available titles, after all, ePub is an open format. I wondered whether the holdup was coming from the publishers? The bookstores? Was there a lawsuit? What? So I wrote Fictionwise (because they’re the most responsive bookseller I know about). I thought I’d share their response in case others on the forum had the same questions:

“We are currently making our plans for epub compliance over the coming months. Please be aware that epub does not specify how books are encrypted, so it is not true that epub is a standard end-customer format for encrypted titles. Each vendor is currently using their own proprietary encryption scheme for epub. In addition, only one major publisher supports epub at this time, it will be months before more follow suit. We are still in the very early stages of epub adoption.”
6charlong is offline   Reply With Quote