View Single Post
Old 12-06-2012, 01:51 PM   #7
rgeorg
Fanatic
rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3(2x), DXG, Fire HD, KOBO Glo
Thanks for the info and suggestions. The improved screen resolution is interesting, but getting extra storage instead of paying for the add'tl screen size probably is not. I wouldn't get the 4G functionality. I just want to be able to download some few apps, (sideload) mostly books and perhaps a few movies or TV episodes. I can always xfer the movies and delete them as I watch them. I mostly read. Oh, if I have storage space, I will fill it - but it is probably not strictly necessary.

I am borrowing a 7" KFHD for a few weeks and really find the size hopeless, except for reading. Yes, videos and music sound great - but they should also on the larger device. When viewing a webpage or large page PDF, I have to keep on increasing the font size and moving it around to see a whole page - and after a while I get a headache.

I have purchased a SGP5 (5") as a portable personal media player on-the-go (calendar and that sort of thing) device, as I think the 7" would be too large for me to carry around.

I am considering the 8.9" or perhaps a 10" something. I enjoy having lots of words on a page as I read quickly and PDFs display easily. Also, I play bridge and the 7" is a bit too small to display my favorite Bridge site well!

Probably the wise move is to continue to use the 9.7" Kindle DXG, which I really do love reading on, and wait and see. I have a 9" netbook, and 27" monitor to do all the other stuff. I'm just so tempted...

I guess the software versions on the KFHDs are the same? Or doesn't that compare for the Fires?

Thanks for the opinions, you guys are the power-users and have looked at so many devices!
rgeorg is online now   Reply With Quote