Originally Posted by scottsan
when i pressed 7 a message appeared saying that a file could not be copied to a location, but the message came and went so fast, I could not get the details.
When you press option 7 from Igorsk's UF you'll see a message quickly flash by then your Reader should reboot. Once rebooted, you should see a message on your screen now directly underneath the Reader
logo: Firmware update did not complete successfully. Please try again. At this point, connect the Reader to your PC and run the Sony Updater. Once the Sony Updater has run, your Reader software should be clean and updated. Finally now you can run PRSCustomizer and apply the hacks to your Reader.
1. Insert SD card into Reader then run Igorsk's universal flasher: press option 7. Unmount card
2. Connect the Reader to your PC and update your firmware using the Sony Updater.
3. Insert the SD card containing PRSCustomizer into your card reader.
4. Run the PRSCustomizer software for your platform
5. Unmount the card, place it in your Reader, press options 5, then 6.
I just followed these exact steps on my Mac running Leopard w/o a problem.