View Single Post
Old 12-06-2012, 09:47 AM   #2
theducks
Grand Sorcerer
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Tab 2, Astak Pocket Pro, K4NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhoyt View Post
I noticed some titles were not showing in my library listing. I ran "Check Library" and it returned "Success". But when I try "Restore Database" to restore the missing titles, I get the following error:

calibre, version 0.9.8
ERROR: Failed: Restoring database failed, click Show details to see details

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\library\restore.py", line 115, in run
Exception: Something bad happened

Even after re-installing I still get the same error.

Anyone had this problem? Any fixes?

Bruce
OK, your Library showed corruption and you ran The Check Library. Did you run BOTH sections? The first checks the database for (data) structural errors (It could be garbage, but it is Valid Garbage ). The second part matches the data to the Library files.

Did you check your system First? (Checkdisk, Malware scans...)

That generic message implies (to me), that there is some serious (and non-specific) folder corruption.

You might try running in Debug mode to try the rebuild, to get an idea where the choke point is.

But first. Validate your HD and computer
Good luck
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote