View Single Post
Old 12-06-2012, 09:03 AM   #1
Trauma Doll
Addict
Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Gave up on PW. Using Kindle Keyboard.
Any Paperwhite refugees here?

Hey guys--I recognize a few names from the Kindle forum, where I spent a few successive weeks in a posting frenzy back in October, when many of us were trying to desperately to get a non-blotchy, non-color-blobby Paperwhite and failing. I even ended up sending mine (at the request of Kindle support) to their engineering dept in Cupertino, but never heard anything back, and ultimately ended up returning all my blobby units. I've been using my Kindle Keyboard since then, and keeping an eye on the market. I keep waiting to see a Kobo Glo in person in Best Buy, or even a newer Paperwhite (to see if manufacturing quality has improved), but my local B&Ms are horridly stocked.

End of TL;DR section.

So I'm here because...signs point to someone getting me an iPad Mini for Christmas. Generally I'm one of those e-ink purists for late-night reading, but I've recently made some changes that may help with my tendency to eyestrain, so I'm excited to potentially try out the iPad Mini for reading, something I'd never done with my prior iPads (for reasons of eyestrain and also way too bulky for my small hands).

For those of you who tried and returned the PW, how is the Mini reading experience for you so far?
Trauma Doll is offline   Reply With Quote